We’re welcoming back our fleet of limousines with bespoke, fully fitted screens to ensure the safety of passengers in line with ongoing distancing restrictions. These high quality upgrades will be rolled out during summer 2020 so that families can use limousines for getting to, and from, a loved one’s funeral. Luxury cars are a traditional part of a funeral and not just for cosmetic reasons. Practically, distances between venues can be great, and emotionally, using limousines takes away pressure from drivers at an already difficult time.
Other funeral updates
- In Scotland, restrictions have eased on the numbers allowed to attend a funeral provided 2m social distancing can be achieved. This allows venues to set their own limits.
- In England, churches are making plans to open for immediate family attended funerals.
- Branches remain closed both north and south of the border until the next phase of unlock. Alternative arrangements completed on the phone and video prove continue to be very successful.
- Viewings and embalmings never ceased as we protected the fundamental right of families to say goodbye to their loved ones when they were able
- Live streaming and recordings also continue to be popular, as do many of the creative ways we can assist in making the funeral a personal and memorable one.
As regulations evolve, we will continue to keep families updated and make any changes required swiftly and sensitively. Throughout this pandemic, our values of compassion, dedication, integrity and respect – and the ongoing commitment of all our teams – has ensured the highest level of care to those that need it the most.