Balancing the practicalities of arranging a funeral and compassionately supporting a family in need takes time and years of practice.
It’s also a team effort utilising a wide variety of skills.
If there is a vacancy below that you would like to apply for, please download the relevant form.
Receptionist / Administrator – Morpeth
Position: Receptionist / Administrator
2 permanent, part time positions available, 20 hours per week
Salary: Starting salary £11,150
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 1.00pm OR Monday to Friday: 1.00pm to 5.00pm
Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021, 12pm
- Provide a caring and professional service for the bereaved
- Be responsible for the efficient and effective day-to-day running of the branch, including the administration
- Provide a warm and friendly welcome to everyone
- Respond to enquiries in a competent, courteous and professional manner
- Ensure that correspondence is dealt with in an efficient and effective manner
- Be responsible for keeping the office clean, tidy and presentable at all times
- Help with arrangements for bereaved clients. Liaising with the client in the absence of the Funeral Director and aim to introduce the Funeral Director at the earliest point possible
- Be responsible for the intake and collection of ashes by either the family or by William Purves
- Ensure coffins are prepared and in the correct location for client viewings
- Conduct client viewings
- Assist the Funeral Directors to ensure that all documentation and administration is processed efficiently
- Create and submit funeral accounts, accept financial payments and transfer payments to the bank
- Minimise bad debt and outstanding accounts
- Manage petty cash for the office
- Advise on pre-paid and pre-planned funerals and refer to the Funeral Plan Consultant wherever possible
- Offer advice on memorials and refer to the memorial specialist wherever possible
- Liaise with all network offices to ensure good communication
- Ensure accounting procedure manual is complied with, areas specific to remit
- Provide Receptionist / Administrator cover for other local branches when required
- Significant experience in a customer facing role
- Significant administration experience, preferably in a busy, public-facing environment
- Good knowledge of the local area and community
- Well-presented, with a pleasant and sensitive manner
- Confident user of Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to respect confidentiality
How to apply:
Please download the application form below, fill all information and submit the form via email email@example.com by Friday 14th May 2021, 12pm.
Those arranging a funeral today have more choice than any other generation before. Options are plentiful and personalising each event means no two funerals are the same. But this can lead to confusion and the last thing anyone facing a bereavement needs, is...
Choosing to have a funeral in a funeral director's service room offers a range of added benefits to families, especially during the current climate where social distancing is still in force and limits to attendees is a changing picture. The scope of choice is no...
Further coverage of Vinnie's Cot, donated by Natalie and Callum Laidlaw in memory of their son Vinnie. Earlier this month, the cot was donated to William Purves, enabling families throughout the North East region to spend more time at home. Read more about their...